There are million ways to earn money online and google adsense is just one of them. Let me share you my earning recap for being a google publisher since the first day I use adsense.
January - December 2007 Adsense Recap:
January 2007 is when I successfully setup my first blog using the free blog hosting (www.blogger.com). Here are the unforgettable dates and numbers on my first year of being an adsense publisher:
- February 12, 2007 - my blog received its very first adsense page impression.
- March 2, 2007 - somebody clicked my adsense ads making it my official first adsense earning equivalent to $0.11
- $3.22 - highest adsense earning per day on that year.
- Total page impression for 2007 is 93,534 and my total earning for the whole 2007 is a whoooping $70.05!... that is an average of $0.24 per day, very very impressive eh?
Total Expense: Precious Time + $0
At the end of the year, my adsense account accumulated to the amount just enough to pay one month of my DSL rent. Everytime I look back to the 2007 earning data, I still can't believe that I survive blogging with that daily income. So to those people who are still having a hard time improving their adsense, read this and compare it to your stats I will bet your earning is better than mine.
January - December 2008 Adsense Recap:
So I continue my pursuit in improving my adsense income. I read different ebook, blog post and tips about increasing CTR, blending the ads etc etc.. I just have one thing in mind at this point: If other people is raking cash online via this method why can't I?
After one year of read-experiment-apply-read-experiment-apply blogging pattern here is the outcome:
- February 2, 2008 - my first $10.19 a day with page impression of 15, 713.
- Somewhere in April 2008, I received this twitter message:
Adsense Ads Space $200 per week only . (avg daily earnings $50/day) PM me if interested... nid money badly T_T 4:39 AM Apr 17th, 2008 from TwitterFox - - > its on http://twitter.com/******?page=134
This is my first biggest investment in adsense. I rent the space for $400, with the guaranted adsense return of $700.00 giving me a 75% ROI and the wonderful feeling of earning more than $50.00/day in adsense.
- After lease period my adsense earning returned to 10-15 daily, but the feeling of earning $60 per day keeps hunting me so the eagerness to earn more become stronger.
- June 24, 2008 - my first $111.63 a day.
- Somewhere in October 2008 - my record breaking adsense earning $919.07 in one day.
- Total page impression for 2008 is 6,209,008 with a total earning of $23,961.00
Take a look at this 2008 adsense earning report graph:
And here is my 2008 expenditure:
$50.0 (freelance writer)
To sum it up, 2008 had been a very great year for me. From $70.05 in 2007 to $23,961 in 2008, well that was really a very nice adsense improvement. The time and effort I spent in the first year of being an adsense publisher paid off.
What is the secret to improve 70.05 >> 23,961 adsense earning? Well, actually there is no secret. The method is already online free all along you just need to change your thinking to understand it and don't be afraid to test it.
Here let me share you again.
- Don't rely on one blog / site alone.
- Buy your own domain - it only cost $10.00/year and choose a good hosting. (I host my site in hostgator now, check this post there are also discount coupon there that you might use)
- Interesting topic + interested user = $$$ in adsense
- What I did is create a blog and work on it til it meet the adsense earning goal I set. So first example, I will continue working on blog A til it hits 10 daily, when the initial target is achieve I will then shift my focus to create new blog B and work on it til it hits 10 daily.. rinse and repeat. Here is a typical example. If you target to achieve 100 a day in adsense, you have some options:
- Develop one blog and work on it until it hit $100/day = 100x1
- Develop 10 blogs and work on it until it hit $10/day = 10x10
- Develop 5 blogs and work on it until it hit $20/day = 5x20
- If you are too occupied hire freelancer to write content for you. I have one blog where the total amount I spent to create is around $40 (domain + content) and now it is earning around $600 a month with 1500-2000 visitors daily.
- Sign up for google analytics to study the behavior of your visitor, pay attention to the keywords, top post and optimize your adsense on that page.
- Use google webmaster tool to submit your sitemap and identify crawling error
- Drink plenty of water! - you need this because you are very prone to "Google Adsense Stats Syndrome" also known as GASS.
- Don't QUIT your day job yet!
- Last but not the least - SHARE YOUR BLESSINGS.
Thats all for now. Wait don't forget to join our free mailing list below to receive updates direct to your inbox
Enjoyed this post? You might be interested to read this money making online experience as well: