Posted on March 25, 2009
Few weeks back I received an email inquiry for a possible in-text ads from Infolinks. After a couple of email exchanges from the account manager, I decided to give them a try.
Why I decided to test Infolinks?
- Higher revenue share, which guarantees a higher CPM for my in-text ads > 80% split
- To check ad performance & choose the one who will give me more revenue of course ( Yes! You must also A/B - split test advertising company that you are using.)
After 23 days, here is the result:
Result shows that my test sites are profitable with Infolinks compare to my previous Intext Ads. The first 3 days I haven't fully updated the script so you'll see a very low earning but if you are going to observe the earning from 4th - 24th of March the daily earning is hovering to $8 - $21 . If earning trend continue this will give me an average of $14 per day - around $400 monthly! not bad.
- Publisher have the ability to control the number of intext ads to appear per page
- Publisher can also control the underline style (double or single)
- Intext performance per website is very crucial for publisher who is running multiple website. Infolinks reporting dashboard will not give you the report per website it will only give you the daily earning. If you want to segragate the earning per website the only way right now is to apply a separate account and generate a unique infolink code.
Update: Infolinks listened to us publishers! now we can get categorical result. By adding the var infolink_wsid = 1 you can now generate report per site. Check your infolinks account for detailed integration.
- In some instances I see intext ads irrelevant to my content.
With the current eCPM and earning I think I'm going to let the Infolinks run for another month. Let's see if the result is consistent. If the result is the same then I'm going to migrate all my site to infolinks. We should use the monetizing method that is more profitable to us, right?
Shifting to Infolinks will give me additional $400.00 monthly, which I can then use to fund my affiliate ad spend..
Oh.. INFOLINK Sign Up Page is HERE. (Try it! - This might give you a 3-4x as much intext ads earning of what you are using right now.)
Also check this post:
$301 in 35 days with Chitika Premium.